Visa Letters and Entry Requirements


Citizens of certain countries and territories need a visa to visit or transit Canada. Others need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Starting March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid visa. Read about the changes and how they may affect you.

Find out if you need an eTA or a visitor visa and complete your applications on the Canada citizenship and immigration website.

For average visa processing times please visit

For official instructions on visiting Canada and applying for a visa, please visit